Sunday 9 February 2014

The Itinerary

I thought i would put up a general itinerary of my next 4 months for those who want to follow along.


7th Feb - Sydney to Johannesburg

8th Feb - Jo’burg to Kilimanjaro via Nairobi

9th Feb - 8 Day Kilimanjaro Climb with G Adventures with buffer days each side in Moshi

17th Feb – Night in Nairobi

18th Feb – Night in Jo’burg

19th Feb – Durban, South Africa.  Have a few days to explore the city

22nd Feb – 7 day Coast to Cape Town tour with Acacia Africa.  Staring in Durban we follow the South African coast to Cape Town with stops along the way including the Drakensburg Mountains, Aldo Elephant Park, Hermanus and into Cape town for some sight seeing and wine tasting.

2nd March – Back up to Durban to start the 4 week photography volunteer placement with African Impact at Thanda Game Reserve.  The first 3 days will be an intensive photography course with a local professional photographer.  I will then spend my mornings on game drives taking photos of the flora and fauna, editing the photos over lunch then off to do community projects in the afternoon.  I get my weekend off so will likely take a trip back to the Drakensburg Mountains for a 4 day hike and head over to St Lucia for the weekend to relax.

30th March – Back over to Cape Town for more wine tasting, exploring and a visit to the Table Mountains.

3rd April – 45 day Cape Town to Kenya with Intrepid visiting 8 countries including South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya.

18th May – back to Jo’burg to start my Live with Lion Cubs volunteer project through I to I where I will literally be living with, feeding, play with and bathing lion cubs with some interaction with the teenager and adult lions.

2nd June – Finish up with the lions and head to the Airport for my flight home that night.

3rd June - HOME





No comments:

Post a Comment